Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Steve H. From Hog on Ice

Steve H. and I have a disagreement about whether men actually like to dance. Steve posted a column stating that he would not be dancing anymore. He claims that men only dance to get laid. Of course this has been the reason for dancing since time began. Steve closed the discussion on his blog and I respect his right to do that, as it is his blog and he has control. This however, is my blog and I can say what I want. There is a certain subset of the American male population that have no desire to dance. They just don't feel the music. I understand that. I do not take issue with that. There are plenty of women that do not like to dance. Some people do not like to engage in activities unless they do them well. I do not like to ice skate because I do not do it well. I do take issue with Steve's assertion that the majority of men do not like to dance. He claims that men and women are different (novel idea, that) and one of the differences is that men don't like to dance and women do. Since in most cultures men are more likely to dance than women are, I believe that the evidence proves that men enjoy dancing very much. I have dated men from many cultures, I have rarely dated a guy that didn't like to dance. Steve also claims that women don't like to fish. He is very far of the mark with that statement. I have been fishing since I was a little girl. I was my dad's favorite fishing buddy, because he could take me anywhere and I was just happy to be fishing. I have dated guys just because they took me fishing and I have turned a few guys on to fishing and made addicts out of them. I am a total boat whore, I will put out for a guy with a boat. Sometimes I get the urge to go down to the marina and troll for boat owners. I work with 2 other women that would go fishing every weekend if they could. I have a friend that met his present wife because his daughter showed him a pic of this woman fishing. Now they go fishing constantly. She is the best fisherman I know and can be the only person catching fish in a whole lake on a busy day. People will come by our boat and ask if they can have our lucky lady in their boat. She tells them it's not luck, it's skill. We watch how she baits her hook and we still can't catch anything. She also catches the rarest and biggest fish wherever we go. My friend always says that he'll never go hungry because his woman can always catch fish. I do know a lot of men that hate fishing and don't see the point. Steve is making proclamations from the mount. I think Steve is pretty smart, but he doesn't know everything. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home