Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sharon having a major stroke is very bad news for the mideast peace process

I feel like I did when Sadat was assassinated. I am just very, very, depressed. I don't see the peace process continuing if Sharon doesn't have governmentmental control. The withdrawal from the settlements will cease. With the Palestinians continuing the suicide attacks on Israel, the hardliners will once again gain control in Israel. Sharon had formed a new party and I believe was seriously interested in reform. It is rare for a leader at such an advanced age, to change his mind set. Most old men are stuck in their ways, so Sharon's transformation into a moderate was monumental. Of course he was under pressure from Bush and Condoleeza Rice to withdraw from the settlements and open dialogue with the new Palestinian leader. Bush has been adamant that Israel make concessions to Palestine, because Bush really believes in the peace process. I just forsee the major escalation of Palestinian attacks as the radical Palestinian factions sense weakness in the Israeli government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home