Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

US interests

It's a dog eat dog world.I don't see anything wrong with trying to control resources that are vital to US interests. In fact, I don't see anything wrong with going to war and trying to institute stable democracies in places that the US has interests in. It always makes me laugh when a liberal tells me that we are only engaged in areas of the world were the US has "interests." I always answer, "So, what's wrong with that? Are you saying that we can only go to war in places where we don't have interests?" They never have an answer. My liberal friend always brings up the fact that China is going to need a lot of oil. He is happy that China is competing with the US for oil I always make the suggestion that he stop driving if he feels that way. (I myself don't drive) He is strangely thrilled at the prospect that China will overtake the US and get cushy contracts for oil. He secretly, in his liberal heart of hearts, admires China, despite it's gross, and actual, human rights violations. He wants the US to get theirs, from China particularly. It's fun to get him started on his China diatribes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home