Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Liberals and the words, I and me, my and mine and NPR listeners connections to AL Qaeda.

I was listening to NPR's Talk of the Nation today. The subject was the extension of the Patriot Act. Most of the callers expressed concern that "they, themselves" would have their conversations listened to. It made me wonder exactly how many NPR listeners have connections to Al Qaeda. "I am concerned about "my" rights," they all said. The callers also kept saying that the Government was spying on American citizens. I would be very surprised to learn that any of the people the FBI listened to were American citizens at all. My suspicion is that they were, and are foreign nationals. The media needs to at least try and get the language correct. Sigh. I know that Public Broadcasting recently did a survey and concluded that listeners did not find Public Broadcasting's coverage of the news to be biased. I am not surprised by the results, as conservatives rarely listen to NPR, and so are unlikely to respond to such surveys. Public Broadcasting is preaching to the choir and then claiming that it s not biased. They need to survey the whole country and not just thier own listeners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home