Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Christian right/Christian left

Every time I hear or read some diatribe against the Christian right, I think about the fact that millions of Blacks and Hispanics, the majority of them fundamentalist Christians, vote for Democratic candidates. I know Black Christians that will get burning mad if you even suggest that we don't descend from Adam and Eve. They do not believe in the theory of evolution. Most minority Christians think exactly as the white, right wing Christians do, on abortion, gay marriage, the death penalty, they are actually very conservative.The minorities vote Democratic because they like the idea of social programs and government handouts. They have been raised to be dependant on government. The white Christians believe in personal responsibilty. Often the Black Christians are the most hypocritical, because as a group they deviate from their religious beliefs to such a large degree, in their behavioral practices.

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger -bRad said...

You are talking about politics and religion in the same post? I am glad I don't live nextdoor to you. I can see the war starting up already.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Whatever do you mean Brad? besides if you lived next door to me you could sell your 420 sq ft house and buy a mansion in Bozeman!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

Carnivorous, I'm still trying to figure out if I wrote this or what. Are you my west coast counter part?

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

a) You’re speaking about politic and religion in the same post; b) Harrison Ford neither speaks publicly about politic nor religion; c) conclusion: you are not Harrison Ford. You’re still Miss C!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home