Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Flowers or Stars of David?

When I was belly dancing I worked for a Palestinian from Jerusalem. He liked Jews just fine and had hired a few Jewish women to belly dance at his club and restaurant. One of the women I danced with was an Italian from Boston. She sounded like Fran Drescher and had a big nose. She had a belly dance costume with flowers on the bra cups. One night, two Arab guys came into the club and saw her dancing. They became very abusive and demanded that she get off the stage. One of them went up to the bartender and told him that he was not going to watch a Jew dance with Stars of David on her costume. So I tell this idiot that first of all this women is not Jewish and that the design on her costume is of flowers, not Stars of David. He tells me that he knows Jewish people when he sees them and that the flowers were too, Stars of David. The owner came over and explained the same to this guy and then the owner said, "She is not Jewish, but if she was, I wouldn't care, because I have nothing against Jews. I lived among them and they are good people." So the guy starts in with the usual stuff,. "I can buy this place, I can burn this place down," etc, etc. In the mean time, the guy's companion has gotten up on the stage and is dancing with the belly dancer!

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger BHCh said...

Really good story. You are not Maupassant's daughter by any chance, are you?

 
At 6:54 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Well I'm French, Guy and me might be relatives!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home