Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Fun yard sale!

Since I am in need of money to repair my ancient cottage, I had a spur of the moment yard sale. My neighbors were having a block yard sale and I decided to slip in on them as they had done all the work by advertising and posting signs. Jamel had finally gone back to Seattle and I had a free day. I had lots of cool loot to sell. Hot wheels, Match Box cars, a skateboard, Barbies, Japanese toys, bakewares. Something for everybody. I met a lot of nice people. I met a really nice couple, he was from Australia and she was from California and he was taking her to Australia to live. They had just sold their table in preparation for their move and they needed TV trays. I told them I was selling the TV trays because I had just bought a table! A family of Mexicans who did not speak English, came to buy china and copper molds. A beautiful little girl talked her mom into buying all of my Barbies and Japanese dolls. A guy who had just come from picking berries stopped and let us taste the berries. My heroin addict neighbors came outside and brought a lot of really neat stuff to sell as well. Hurricane lamps and old bottles. A flag. So I bought some pop bottles from them and the flag. My neighbor's brother just got out of jail. He's been in for 20 years. I know not why and I don't want to. I noticed he had a lot of swastikas tattooed all over him. I asked his brother if he was in the Aryan Brotherhood and he said yes, in prison his brother had to join, although he admitted that he himself was in prison as well and didn't have to join a gang because everyone liked him. I believe him because all the neighbors like this guy, he just has bad friends and scary relatives. But I had a fun day hanging out with the addicts, who often have interesting stories to tell.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

he had a lot of swastikas tattooed all over him

Ok, white woman, you always think the worst. To me it's pretty obvious that your neighbor is a devoted enthusiast of the ancient Indian culture. Give him a cobra and he will make it to dance with exotic flute melodies!

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes, he is an albino snake charmer! Sin charm!

 
At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.Doe, the proper term of respect for a white person is 'cracker'.

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

No one has ever called me a "cracker" but I get called a "white bitch" all the time.

 
At 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrible. I've never been callled a 'cracker' before, but if I did, I would burst out laughing, and then probably get shot. The term 'cracker' is just not the slightest bit offensive to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home