Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Arab profiling, by Arabs.

My Jordanian-Palestinian friend flies a lot for his job. 2 weeks ago he had a temporary loss of sanity on a flight. He said he was sitting 1 row back from first class in economy. He saw a guy who he claimed to look Yemeni acting squirrelly. The guy went into the bathroom to clean up and came out and started pacing the aisles and kept going into the galley. My friend was watching him and started to get freaked out. The stewardess asked the guy to stay out of the galley but he wouldn't. He was looking around the galley and my friend thought that he might be looking for a knife. My friend said the guy was sweating and talking to himself. So my friend tells the guy to sit down. Then the guy starts getting confrontational. He says he wants off the plane, he's going to jump, blah blah blah. So my friend tells another burly passenger that if the guy goes into the galley again they will take him down. The burly guy was all hot to trot too. The stewardess asks my friend if he is an air marshall. He says no, but he is trained and will take the guy out. The co-pilot comes out and asks the guy to sit down or he will land the plane. The guy really goes off so my friend jumps in and tells him he will hog tie him. Truss him like a pig. He says he used the pig metaphore to really humiliate the guy, since Muslims despise pigs. So they get the guy under control. The stewardess comes and tells my friend that the guy is really drunk and he is a professor from a major University and he is Indian. I tell my friend that Indians and Yemenis do not look alike. He says, "The motherfucker looked Yemeni to me!" So I tell him that he should not have seen the movie United 93, because it adversely affected him, and his ability to fly comfortably. Last weekend he called and wanted to see the movie 9/11 and I refused to go with him. He will see Yemenis popping out of the woodwork.

5 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't give a flip if he looks yemine/arab, american, african oriental, asian or even leprechaun.

If they get crazy on a plane they need to be put down ... and go down hard!

If they want to take it outside the terminal afterwards ... thats fine too!

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Jack, you is scary!

 
At 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really. I'm a very calm non-violent person.

The flying public is not going to put up with crazies anymore.

And I'm not ... no way in hell ... going to have to listen to Mrs Jack about it. She won't put up with a child crying or a kid playing loud music on a plane.

Hell she will jump on him and I better be right there throwing punches too ... if I don't want to hera it the rest of my life!

 
At 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend is an asshole.

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes Anon, sometimes my friend is an asshole!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home