Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Give me a good old homophobic American male any day!

There is a certain safety in being homophobic. The stigma and general creepiness felt by most American straight men keeps them from descending into the Latin American macho/homo practice where men generally engage in gay sex and consider themselves straight as long as they are not the receiving partner. There is a popular practice of transexual shows in the farmworker areas of California. I think that Hispanic men are the most bisexual of all men.

In the male dominated cultures in the Middle East men must turn to each other because they live in a sexually segregated society. I have heard that many Afghan men become so oriented to homosexuality after having never seen women, that they are unable to be aroused by females after marriage. I saw a movie based on a Pakistani woman's experience during her horrific marriage to a Taliban follower that outlined this situation.

A few weeks ago, a book went by here at the library. It was photographs of sailors on battleships during WWII. The sailors were all lying in each others laps and and caressing each other. There were a lot of phallic symbols in the gun turrets. There were pics of the sailors sitting on top of the gun barrels. Most of the male employees in our department groaned at the pics and we all laughed about it. None of the men would look through the whole book. The librarian that bought the book came and asked me jokingly if I had looked at it before he got it. He is a die hard liberal, tolerant Jewish leftist, but even he thought the book was icky. I don't care if American men are homophobic, as long as they are not running around assaulting gays, it's ok by me.

6 Comments:

At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were a lot of phallic symbols in the gun turrets. There were pics of the sailors sitting on top of the gun barrels.++++

Stop this, I´m getting hot.

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I bet you are Anon!

 
At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree its best to keep homosexuality and straight men as far away from each other as possible, maybe to some that seems obvious but this whole "metrosexual" revolution isn't consistent with that rule.

P.S. I think said revolution is dying down....slightly, many women realized hmmm I wish my men were manly again. "I miss unpressed jeans full eyebros and chest hair, I also am getting sick of the color pink!"

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Waxing eyebrows is OK but shaving the testicles just turns me off, maybe I am too old! I love manly men hairy, bald guys especially!

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger John Doe said...

I HATE BECKHAM AND HIS PERNICIOUS INFLUENCE IN WESTERN VIRILITY!!!

PD: Lady, if you read TASCHEN in a book's cover, think that you'll find inside some kind of gay artwork. Tell me, was that book a TASCHEN's book?

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes, I have noticed the perverse nature of the Publishers TASCHEN! Freaks and cannibals!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home