Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

On the minimum wage

When I started working at the library 20 years ago I was paid $7.43 an hour. At 37.50 hours per week I made $14,000 per year. I paid no taxes and that was a good thing, but apartments rented for half what they do now and the cost of living was a lot lower in general. I even qualified for assistance with my phone bill, it was called Universal Lifeline. Again, that was 20 years ago. How anyone in this day and age can survive on $7.50 an hour is beyond me. I am sure you have guessed that I am for raising the minimum wage by now. You'd be right! I gotta go with my girl, Nancy Pelosi on this one.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 AM , Blogger anita said...

you're beginning to see the light Miss Carnivorousness !!!

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

No, I am just really disgusted that people are working their asses off for a few bucks an hour! Its just plain wrong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home