Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Drugstore Superhero!

Last night I was at the very busy, downtown, corner drugstore, buying Devil Dog his Milkbones and tucker, when an amazing incident happened right before my very eyes. I was in line when a Black guy came from one of the registers, which is on the other side of a big column. He shot past me, then a tiny, gray haired, Philipino clerk jumped over the counter and grabbed the guy and started a tug of war over an item the Black guy was trying to steal. The Black guy twisted away and ran outside the store. Usually there is a security guard at the exit, but I did not see him last night.

The Philipino guy chased the Black guy outside and commenced to wrestling with the much bigger Black guy on the pavement. A bunch of us were standing around in the store looking, out the doors saying, "Uh oh, that guy is a little old to be fighting, he could get hurt!" They fought for some time and a younger clerk finally ran out to help the older guy, but the older guy already had it under control.

The Philipino guy came back in the store carrying the item and walked right back to his register and said, "Next, please." So I was like, I am getting in that guy's line, cuz he's cool! This guy was totally unruffled, not even breathing hard, I would have been shaking like a chihuahua in Paris Hilton's bed!

When my turn came I said to him, "Wow, you just ran out there and beat up a shop lifter and then came back and started ringing up customers like it was nothing! You are a superhero!" He said, calmly, "Ma'am, that item costs $50.00, I was not going to let him steal it."

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black guy will probably sue for discrimination or something.

You know like ... If I was white you would not have been even looking at me!

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Nah, he should be embarrassed to show his face around here!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home