Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Check out the the Carolina Chocolate Drops!

There was an interview with the Carolina Chocolate Drops on NPR this weekend and I fell in love with them. They are young African-Americans who play old timey string and jug band music. They play a form of music that has all but died out. I love the old timey blues singers like Blind Boy Fuller, Memphis Minnie, and the Memphis Jug band, so it is a treat to hear young people carrying the torch.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Cool donkey, you are a Renaissance man!

 
At 2:03 AM , Blogger seejanemom said...

COLD MOUNTAIN, while a good-ish movie, the soundtrack I thought was equal in every way to a stand alone "album". I adore bluegrass music, fiddle playing anybody, Allison Kraus...all that, so I am going to investigate the bands you named here.

And WHO KNEW donkeyhue played the fiddle?

ONE MORE REASON HE IS TOOOOOO HOT to handle. All that juicy country boy goodness is just wasting up there in NEW YAWK (even though I know its "country" where he lives...still....its Hillaryville)

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Yes, but Donkey is from upstate Naw York. Country, country, country!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I love Allison Kraus too Jane. Monster fiddling and a sweet voice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home