Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Girl Power!

My taxidermist boyfriend was a river rafting guide. When I met him on a scuba diving trip, he asked if I'd like to go river rafting. So on our third date we went up to the American River to go rafting. A married couple he knew came with us. The male half was a banker and his wife was an executive headhunter. It was a fun trip, but the woman kept saying that we were being "powerful" women. Now, I did not feel in the least powerful, nor am I powerful in my position as a lowly city clerk, so I humored her a lot. I found it hilarious actually.

At the end of the trip she shook my hand and said, "Thanks for being powerful with me today!" God, I could hardly hold in the laughter. She was actually pretty powerful at one point in the trip. Not very athletic looking, she nonetheless jumped over the side of the raft, swam over to a raft full of marines who had been drenching us with buckets of water and grabbed one of them and pulled him in the water. So maybe she was "powerful."

Afterward I got in trouble with the ex because I was making fun of her and saying "Thanks for being powerful!" to all the girls I knew. He did not like me making fun of his friends. Of course, we were doomed. I make fun of everyone, as you all very well know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home