Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The nomination of the movie, Little Miss Sunshine for best picture proves that liberals are very, very stupid!

Last week I took home Little Miss Sunshine. After hearing nothing but hype about how great it was, I was shocked at how stinking awful it was in actuality. It is just a bad movie. Bad writing. Bad directing. Unbelievable characters. One reviewer says it's National Lampoon's Vacation for people who think they are too intelligent for National Lampoon's Vacation. Too right!

The next day I came into work and was telling my co-workers about how sucky bad this "Indie" film is. One of the intellectuals began to argue with me, saying it was charming and character driven and intelligent. Then she began to back down and admit that it was really not an important film and that it did have a forced quirkiness to it. I think maybe the intellectuals were afraid to say the Emperor had no clothes.

I told her that it was not as good as most movies written for television. I said that many "Indie" film makers were actually not as talented as most of the writers writing for the big studios, which is why those writers get paid the big bucks. There is a reason no major Hollywood studio would have taken on Little Miss Sunshine, the reason is this, it sucks. Big time.

My other right-wing co-worker took it home and watched it and was also totally underwhelmed. He did not even find it as funny as I did. I found a few parts totally hilarious, he found one part slightly amusing. Many liberals have had me convinced that they had book learnin' smarts, at least. Now I ain't so sure. Nominating this stink bomb for best picture is insane. It is so far below the great movies of the past it's positively shameful to include it in this category.

For realistic quirky characters, hilarious situations and biting social commentary centered around the world of beauty pageants see the movie, Drop Dead Gorgeous! Now that is a great movie.

As for Eddie Murphy getting nominated, I am pissed about that too. The 2 greatest living American actors, Don Cheadle and Delroy Lindo, should have had an Oscar for every single performance they have ever given. Don should have gotten one for his portrayal of Mouse, in Devil in a Blue Dress and Buck, in Boogie Nights. Until those 2 Black actors receive the respect they deserve, no other Black or White actor should be nominated. The only other actor in the world that is worthy to lick the boots of Don or Delroy is Gary Oldman.

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only movies I've seen that was nominated for anything was

Apocalypto, The Good Shepherd and Pirates of Caribbean

I did like The Good Shepherd and that bad guy in Apocalypto ... he was BAD!

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I gotta see the bad guy! Is he as cool as Magua? Delroy is a badasss! I loved him in Clockers. One day I went across the street for coffee and Delroy and his woman and an agent were in the coffee shop talking business.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home