Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Beware the "Pigeon Pose!"

There is an old guy that lives around the corner from me. I met him at the dog park 5 years ago. He used to come over and give Devil Dog a drink of water out of the water bottle he kept filled for his daughter's yellow lab, Baily, whom he has charge of most of the day. He was very impressed, because the Devil learned to drink from a bottle instantly.

Alas, only too soon, Devil Dog became perdogga non grata at the dog park, for attacking tiny puppies, stealing other dog's balls, peeing on people's legs and other high crimes and misdemeanors. Three strikes and his ass was out! These days, I only see the old guy on my way home from work once in a great while and every Xmas eve at midnight mass.

The other day I had already crossed the street, when I saw him come out of his side gate. I turned to wave at him and saw that he had a leg brace on that went from his crotch to his foot and was holding a cane. So I yelled, "What happened to you?" and walked back across the street to better hear the juicy details.

"Well," he said. "It happened in yoga class. Are you familiar with the pigeon pose?"

"No Sir, I said, but now that I am, I will never be tempted to do the pigeon pose, as I can see what a grave danger it poses to life and limb. No pun intended."

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM , Blogger -bRad said...

I was recently reading that a large number of yoga related injuries are swamping the doctor's offices.

Apparently, one of the fastest growing demographics for serious sports injuries is cheerleading!

I guess there is something to be said for being a fat bastard and kicking it on the couch all day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home