Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, April 27, 2007

On abortion after the first trimester. Warning, this story may gross you out


It is strange to me that the abortion supporters are unable to look inside themselves and see the hypocrisy of their views. I don't know anyone who is for abortion who is not against the death penalty. Currently, here in California, the death penalty has been suspended due to a challenge on the constitutionality of the method of lethal injection. They can not challenge the death penalty itself as that has been found to be constitutional, but they have challenged the death penalty under the guise that it is cruel and inhumane punishment. This is merely a smokescreen covering the real agenda, which is to eliminate the death penalty entirely. In some states hanging is legal, yet those states no longer execute people this way, because it is considered barbaric. There is right now a huge protest because our governor has been building a new death chamber. The opponents have been thinking that they have won the fight against the barbaric "lethal injections, " which are, in my opinion, the only humane method of execution. The pro-life groups are engaged in the same tactics, trying to use what they consider an unnecessarily brutal and inhumane practice, with the ultimate goal of eliminating abortion entirely.

Late term abortion is barbaric. In fact it would be more humane to lethally inject babies after actual birth. All late term abortion should be illegal. Here are my own personal reasons for believing so.

At the age of 21 I had a late term abortion. I was 23 weeks pregnant at the time. Another week and it would have been illegal and for all I know the technician lied about the gestational age in order to get more business. A doctor came in to examine me, as I sat in the waiting room I heard him ask the nurse if I was going to make a fuss when I saw that he was Black. I did not. He inserted 2 seaweed laminaria, which, as they swell from your own body fluids, dilate your cervix over a period of hours. He also injected my womb with what I now know to be a concentrated saline solution which is what actually kills the baby. I have since seen the pictures of burned, blackened aborted fetuses who were killed by this method. I felt the baby writhing and dying in my stomach during the night. The next day it was dead in my stomach and I could feel it in rigor mortis, a hard knot. When the doctor injected the solution into my womb he warned me that I could not change my mind after the injection and if I did not come into the clinic for my abortion, I would possibly die. When I asked him what the solution was he told me it was something to "retard tissue growth." The price for the procedure was $900.00. A first trimester abortion was about $300.00 at the time. I had the $300.00 but had to promise to beg and borrow the rest. I then had to ride the bus home.

Here is a description of the procedure from a clinic in Texas. Notice how they sanitize it and also admit that if the baby is not killed first it will experience discomfort.

The Late Second Trimester procedure begins with laminaria insertion. On the first day of the abortion, an injection of medication is made into the amniotic fluid surrounding the pregnancy to assure that it will be stillborn and will not experience any discomfort during the procedure. You will be sedated prior to this procedure.



The clinic where the late term abortions were performed was far away in San Rafael. Then, as now, the abortionists who do perform late term procedures are rarer than those who perform first trimester ones. Perhaps because most do not feel comfortable with the procedure.

There were a lot of girls and women at the clinic that day. As we sat around in our caps and gowns waiting for our abortions we watched soap operas on a small TV. A commercial came on for douche. I said, "I hate those commercials, because they make men think women are all dirty inside!" The woman sitting next to me smiled and said, "Good!" Then a commercial came on for Midol. I said, "I wish we all had PMS!" and everybody laughed. Most of the girls there were Hispanic and spoke no English. After my procedure I had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia. I felt as if I had been turned inside out and the bleeding was massive. As I lay there one of the Mexican girls was really wanting to go home. The nurses were trying to ask her if she was in pain and to tell her that if she started to bleed a lot or got an infection she should call 911. So I lay there and translated for them.

What they do not mention about abortion after the first trimester is that your body thinks it has had a baby! You get milk in your breasts. You have hormonal surges, everything you would have if you carried the baby to term. I had a feeling of great loss and depression. And now I have great feelings of guilt.

This will be news to many of you but 2 and a half years ago I had a daughter and gave her up for adoption. It was an entirely different experience. There is no more joyous gift a woman can give someone than a baby. I have not done anything in my life as valuable as gifting 2 deserving people with my daughter. I will never make another person happier than I did that day. Having a late term abortion and feeling as if you have given birth and still missing your child is far worse than having that child and knowing that she is healthy and happy and having a good life. The family sends me pics, here you see the latest. Interestingly being 42, I had to undergo amniocentesis at between 15 and 20 weeks. While inserting the needle the doctor informed me that if the baby felt the stick of the needle it would flinch away from it.

Unfortunately there are cases were the mother's life is in danger from a baby that is stuck in the womb, but that is not the real reason the pro-abortion activists are attacking the new ruling. They do not want limits on the behavior of women, period. Even if the behaviors are barbaric and inhumane and incompatible with a civilized society. Late term abortion was more in line with the values of Nazi Germany, Communist China and the former Soviet Union.

7 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I favor a ban on late term abortion, so long as there is an exception for cases involving threats to the life or serious risk to the health of the mother. Which was the same position taken by President Clinton.

Most late term abortions do fall in these categories, or involve cases of severe fetal abnormality which is detected late. May I ask why you did not have your abortion earlier?

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful young girl.

Being a male I'll never know what women go through concerning abortion ... eraly or late term.

All I know for sure if a child is born the man should step up to the plate and do his duty to support that child in all aspects.

 
At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a first for you. I am pro choice and for the death penalty. I must add that while I think abortion is a horrible thing to put it mildly, it is not my business to prevent someone from having one. It is my business to decide whether or not I'll have one or not, but no one else should decide for me. At least when you made the decision to end your pregnancy, you did it safely and not in "some back alley" like a relative of mine. I also want to say that choosing to have your daughter and give her up was a very brave and wonderful thing to do. There have been a few months lately where my monthly cycle has been behaving differently. I am in my mid 40's. I have almost made myself crazy thinking about ending a pregnancy or going through testing, waiting having "it" and then giving it up. It can make a person sick. Anyways, I believe all options should be available for women. And without getting too personal, because I don't want to, I "know" what you are talking about with regards to abortion being so awful.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger seejanemom said...

WHOA.

 
At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

all I can say is





VIVA LA MARBOY...Bendayho's

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

To tell you guys the truth, I had bled twice during the first 3 months. I did not even know I was pregnant until I felt the baby move one day. My last pregnancy was like that too. It was like a cakewalk. I am made for to pop out the pups!

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Old Neocon said...

Hi again, Miss Carnivorous.

This is far and away one of the most honest, be!t things I have ever read on the subject. You were courageous to share it. Some people could be helped by it - we never know.

And your daughter is so beautiful! Congratulations on having her, and for caring for her in the way you did. You gave her her best shot! And you let her live. Beautiful.

Blessings,
Gerry Charlotte Phelps

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home