Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

This is the story of the Casbah nightclub I used to dance at

This is an interesting interview with one of the musicians who played at the Casbah during the heyday of the northbeach belly dancing scene. Nazir was a friend of mine and a talented musician. He is Assyrian. The Kanoon player he mentions, Fouad Marzook, an Egyptian, was a very great musician indeed.

Here is a story about the Casbah told by my belly dance teacher about a rich Saudi Prince, who used to tip rather well, if he liked you. 20 and 100 dollar bills were common. I used to get two 20's from him most of the time, one in my belt and one in my bra. He was always respectful with me.

"Najia continued on, saying that Prince M. had tangled with one of Najia's students one night! Her student was a young and beautiful woman (whose name Najia cannot remember). She had ample breasts and therefore, an impressive cleavage. As she passed by his barstool on one particular night, he thrust a $100 bill down into her cleavage. She stopped abruptly, and looked at him with disdain while slowly retrieving the waded money. She briefly glanced at it to see what he had put down her dress in such rude fashion, and deftly chucked it into the glass of beer that he was holding, and walked away shaking her head in disbelief."

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know you have pics ... come on how about a teaser!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home