Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Bobby Rahal is an Arab American as apple pie!


Yesterday as I watched the News Hour they showed a story about the Indy cars switching to ethanol. Bobby Rahal is a big proponent of cleaner fuels and was interviewed. As I watched him I kept saying to myself, Rahal, Rahal. That's an Arabic name. He looks Middle Eastern. I used to watch the Indy 500 every year and saw him many times, I never thought of him as anything but an all American guy and he is an American of Arab descent.
Just goes to show you never can tell. An icon of American culture, an Indy 500 Champion is an Arab-American. Cool.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is cool. He came here legally. That's totally cool, too.

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger -bRad said...

I didn't realize any Indy car driver was an American icon. As a country / culture, we haven't gotten past the whole "turning left" thing, yet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home