Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Same shit circa April, 1961







I am taking care of my neighbors' cat while they are hiking in Australia. As I sat in a chair with the cat in my lap I looked at the newspaper my neighbor found under the stairs when she was remodeling her cottage. The paper is from 1961 and she has decoupaged it onto a cabinet. Imagine my surprise at seeing reported on the front page 46 years ago, nearly the exact same problems we are dealing with today. The tax on the middle class. The Mexican economy or lack thereof. The article mentions that Mexicans are migrating to the US by the thousands. Then we had peace talks in Algiers. I think we can all give up and go home now because we are in a continuous loop and it's groundhog day. The only thing that has changed is that there is an ad asking for "Boys" to deliver the Alameda Times Star paper. They never would be so sexist now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home