Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

An immigrant who loves America, wonder of wonders!

The extremely good looking guy I see on my bus from time to time is an immigrant from Pakistan. I would never have guessed he was from Pakistan, as he looks like a Bedouin from Saudi Arabia to me. He told me that his family are actually descended from Turks, which explains his non Pakistani looks. He works for a company that directs navigation for large container ships.

Anyway, all the ladies are gaga over him and I enjoy talking to him just so I can gaze upon his beautiful countenance. He is a movie buff also, so we have much to discuss. Today we spoke of traveling to other countries. I asked him, "You have traveled here from another land and experienced our strange and terrible ways, what do you think?"

He laughed and said, "I love it here, I could never live in Pakistan again. I am a mainstream American now!"

Of course I am not really surprised that he loves it here. I would be surprised if he did not.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

Decendant from Turks...hilarious. I'm not doubting that this guy might be but I find it ironic that every Pakistani I have ever met claims to have some ancestory from somewhere in the middle east and now Turkey too!

I've heard it all, Egyptian, Saudi, Persian, Afghani, Lebanese, Syrian. It's always the places they find glamorous its never like Libya or something.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

You'd have to see this guy, Sho. You would never guess he is a Pakistani. I know, I used to be married to one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home