Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, August 06, 2007

Hoof in mouth disease

Jamel went to the building museum the other day, he said he made a ladder there. He came back with a scrap of PVC pipe and a long strip of some fibrous material. He was playing with them in front of my cottage. He pounded the pipe into my yard and made a big hole in my yellow and brown weeds that pass for a lawn. I told him to stop.

Whereupon he put the fiber strip into the pipe and flung the pipe overhand and the fiber strip flew out of the pipe and traveled about a hundred feet.

"Wow, I said, very impressed, that was really cool, it's a spearchukker!" Then I covered my mouth with my hands and looked around to make sure nobody had heard. God, I hope he doesn't repeat it!

But it gets worse. I was tearing up the vines smothering my cottage and Jamel came outside and started to sweep up the vines I had pulled down. He often mows my lawn, for monetary gain. His grandma came over and said, "Are you helping her do yard work?"

So I said, "Well, that's pretty much all they're good for." Then as I thought about what I had just said, I scrambled for cover. "Uh, kids, I mean, that's all kids are good for, heh, heh."

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Yes, truly the jig is up when one can no longer call a spade a spade.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Oh God I still have that faux pas to make.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home