Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Go to China for dentistry

I was discussing my recent trip to the dentist with my supervisor who is from China. We were bemoaning the exorbitant costs.

Another co-worker, also born in China, told us that she needed her wisdom teeth pulled so she waited until she went to China to see her parents. While she was there, a Chinese dentist pulled all four teeth at $10.00 per tooth.

My supervisor, who, since she moved to the States, has become squeamish about all things Chinese, said in horror, "Did they give you pain medication?"

I said, " Of course they did. They have less regulation of drugs than we do. They probably give you opium."

The other co-worker said, "They gave me plenty of medicine, it didn't hurt at all and you can buy opium at the pharmacy!"

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM , Blogger Urbanleftbehind said...

That beats the $80 dollars I paid in Mexico for a plantar fascitis (deep clean) of all 4 quads- that included a shite-load of Novocain injected without numbing gel first.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Urbanleftbehind said...

No wonder Michael Savage doesnt like third-worlders...they can always go to their homelands and can get dental care cheap, putting his Jewish cousins out of business

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I saw a cout TV case where a Mexican "doctor" was cutting the arm fat off of Mexican women in the US. A lady died because of him and his defense in his trial was that, you know, Mexican doctors don't know about such things as American doctors do. They showed the womans arm fat sitting on the bathroom sink. It made me fer shure that i would nevr get medical care form a Mexican doctor.

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger staghounds said...

In Jordan, I had a cleaning and a filling, with x ray.

No anaesthetic, but no pain, the cavity was very shallow. The dentist was VERY good, and was a graduate of the dental school in Geneva.

$40.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home