Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chinese Evangelical co-worker is not all sweetness and light, she has a potty mouth!

Co-worker is 47 and lives at home with her brother and father, who is in his 80's. This is common among Chinese families. I know many Chinese women who have never married and still live with one or both parents.

The other day co-worker was listening to some tunes. Abba tunes to be exact. I guess she had the, uh, phonograph cranked as she is wont to do when she is bustin' a move to Abba or the Carpenters.

She was groovin to the song Fernando ( I made that up, I don't know which song it was), when her brother stomped into the room and turned the sound down and berated her for listening to loud music. When she complained to her dad, he told her she might like to get place of her own.

" That wasn't fair of him," she told me, a few days later. "It's my brother who wants to be on his own. He was just being a bitch!"

I swear to you, I had not thought her capable of such strong emotions nor such strong language! It's bad enough she listens to hard rock music. I don't know if I can continue to be her confidant any longer!

4 Comments:

At 7:33 AM , Blogger staghounds said...

Kids today!

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

She's a bad kitty!

 
At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sure it starts with ABBA. Next thing you know they're buying Ray Coniff albums.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Well, she's a wee more hip than that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home