Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Miss C watches African American Lives

Where Henry Louis Gates helps popular African-Americans find out their roots using DNA. The show tonight is the second in the series. I just find this show to be spiffy.

Tonight they are going to find out about Chris Rock and Morgan Freeman and my favorite actor Don Cheadle. In the previous show the people who thought they were part Native American turned out not to be and the ones who thought they were not, were. Henry Louis Gates turned out to be very, very White.

The thing is, few of the African-Americans I know give a rat's ass about this show. One Black woman I work with told me she hates PBS. A few months ago she said she heard me and Black Jehovah's Witness co-worker talking about it, so she tried it. "I watched it for about 10 minutes, she said, and I asked myself, how do they watch this shit?!"

So tomorrow, I, a White intellectual, will be bursting with knowledge about Black people that they themselves couldn't care less about. I'll feel like a liberal.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM , Blogger staghounds said...

It's things like this that almost make me want to watch television.

I've seen a bit of the Chris Rock part on Youtube, moving.

Ann happy Valentimes' day to you as well, Miss C.

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

It was very moving and had lots of kewl history too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home