Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

When I was at the dentist I found out that singer song writer John Stewart died


Great loss. His album California Bloodlines was one of the finest albums ever recorded, each song beautifully written.

"While the other young boys were enjoying their toys, he gave me my first cigarette, and I'd like to say that these were the days that my sprung lungs won't ever forget, and I know that his blood it still flows in my veins as I fall for each blue eyed temptation
and the razorback woman who stood by his side is skinny and fixin' to die,
and the razorback woman is calling me home, and she cries, oh my God how she cries.
"I often get the feeling that I'm talking to the wind and no one hears, no one listens in. Then I start singing songs and the music makes the whole world feel like home. And I'm believing, believing, believing that even when I die, some lonesome picker will find some healing in this song"


"I can't hold it on the road when you're sitting right beside me and I'm drunk out of my mind merely from the fact that you are near, and I have not been known as the saint of San Joquin and I'd just as soon right now, pull on over to the side of the road, and show you what I mean"

"And I have been around with a gypsy girl named Shannon, daughter of the Devil. It is strange that I should mention that to you. I haven't thought of her in years"




His album Chilly Winds was near about as good too,

"Miss America I got your game, it's a Christian burlesque show. Feastin' their eyes on your sweet young thighs and you're pretending, gal, that you don't know. But an all time woman, she ain't selling nothing but soul."

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM , Blogger staghounds said...

Alright, where did you get such interesting tastes? Again
I thought I was the only person who ever heard those pieces.

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Wee ell... I got a lot from my step-dad. He left his record collection when he left us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home