Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

When poor people get on your nerves

The Black engineer I ride the bus with told me that his sister is getting ready to retire from social work. She can't take it any more.

Her goal, from the time she was old enough to have one, was to help her people. She got a degree and formed her own social welfare organization.

After 30 years she is now totally fed up with her clients and as she puts it, "Poor people get on my nerves."

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Blogger ricpic said...

I don't understand people who spend their life helping other people. It's perverse. The whole thing is perverse. I'm not even going to try to explain that statement.
Okay, it's one thing to help someone you know. Once. And even that's not likely to work out. For either party.
Basta.

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

It's anti-Darwinian, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home