Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pet rat

My sister Alexis's first apartment was in a really bad neighborhood. She lived a few yards away from some projects.

She had a pet rat. The kids from the projects would come and knock on her door every day.

" 'Lexis, 'lexis, they would say excitedly, when she answered the door. Can we see yo' pet rat??"

My sister would let them in and they would stare at Nedra the rat as she climbed around in her habitrail.

"Aghhh.... EEE-UUUUW.... they would all scream and giggle. EEEEKKK..... Aghhhhh....... Then they'd run away, but they would come right back the very next day.

Nedra the rat died. My sister got another rat, but it was not the same as Nedra. One day she showed up at my job with the rat in a box.

"What is that?" I asked. She told me to give it to my ex to feed to his snake.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger ricpic said...

Well, I hope your sister is in one piece. Opening your door to the kids from the projects - I don't care how cute and "vibrant" they may appear to be - is inviting disaster.
Whenever I read about young white women who go to live in bad neighborhoods and then proceed to open their doors to the sweetfaced yutes because they love humanity...well, I don't want to say what I think.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I know, Ric. But the kids can be fun sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home