Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Friday, February 06, 2009

A Cop knocked on my door today

Devil Dog barked at him.

"He's got quite a bark on him," said the cop who was lounging lazily on my porch, looking as if he had all the time in the world.

"How may I help you?" I asked.

"Do you know who left that old mattress and box springs set on the curb?" he asked.

"No, I said, I noticed them last night when I took the garbage and recycling out, but I don't know who put them there."

"Any guesses? he asked. Cuz I'd sure like to deliver them right back to the culprit's door step, if I knew who it was. I don't like them messing up your pretty neighborhood. Notice any of your neighbors moving in or out recently?"

"No sir," I said. I have not."

"Any of your other neighbors at home today, do you know" he persisted in his detective work.

"I don't think so, I don't know," I said.

He headed off. I heard his patrol car leave about 10 minutes later. I went to the curb to peek and sure enough, the mattress set was gone!

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lock the door, sugar. Now he has got a mattress in his car.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home