Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Unlicensed dentists

Chinese Christian co-worker's father goes to an unlicensed dentist. His current dentist is actually the son of his former unlicensed dentist, now deceased.

The son uses the same methods and procedures of dental care that his father used to use. He has no use for new fangled contraptions such as x-rays. He just taps your teeth with a hammer and if a tooth hurts he yanks it out, or fills it in, or caps it with some kind of metal. Co-worker's dad thinks it's stainless steel, from melted spoons or something.

Anyhoo, co-worker's dad has lived to the ripe old age of 88 and he feels the price of his dental care is right. Co-worker told me that she has always been a bit nervous about her dad using such a dentist. I told her he has lived this long and should keep on doing what he has been doing.

I recently had a dental appointment and I related this story to my dentist. I just wanted him to get a feel for his competition. He was actually quite impressed, as he should be. I also informed him that I felt that the unlicensed dentist was, perhaps, vastly superior to him in skill, as he could still do dental work entirely by hand. "What if your power were to go out? I asked him. What would you do then, without all your high tech equipment? In fact, I told him, I would go to this very superior dentist my own self, but I am near abouts positive that he does not take Delta dental insurance."

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM , Blogger ricpic said...

I go to a co-practice dentists' office, that is to say a woman dentist and male dentist partnership. Anyway, I usually see the woman and I'm quite happy with her work. But about a year ago I developed an impacted wisdom tooth that had to come out and for some reason that I can't remember it was the male dentist who pulled the tooth. It was a gruesome half day procedure which left me feeling weakened for a few days. But what really threw me was the amount of follow up medication he insisted I take. It was like $200 of pills to get me through the TWO WEEK period of recuperation. All BS. I bought all the medication, which still pisses me off, but after the 2nd day I threw it all down the drain. He was massively over medicating me to cover his ass. So I was in moderate pain for a few days. Big deal. God knows what all that medication would have done to me. I hate hate hate modern medicine!

 
At 6:10 AM , Blogger staghounds said...

Delta Dental Insurance?

I thought they only had airplanes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home