Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Iroquois Diplomacy on the Early American Frontier

Iroquois diplomacy consisted of making their enemies into "women." Like Governor Schwarzenegger belittled his opponents for being "girly men."

I quote:

"The warriors, which they boasted of, before these foreigners, the white people, crossed the great Lake, where are they now? Why their grandsons are all become mere women!

and this to the Delawares:

"We conquer'd You, we made Women of you, you know you are Women, and can no more sell land than Women."

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Blogger ricpic said...

Everyone knows men are superior to women, the Iroquois had the balls to make no bones about it -- to mix metaphors, or something.

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Donkeyhue said...

When I was punk kid living upstate I dated an Onondagan girl. First time I went to pick her up on the res, I had to fight her brother as the family watched to be able to take her out.

The Iroquois are solid people and great lacrosse players.

Im gonna check this book out, thanks for the heads up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home