Carnivorousness

If you come in my cage I'll eat you too!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Caucasia

The other day I saw the novel, Caucasia, and was taken by the title. I told a Black co-worker that I was going to change my name to Caucasia.

"No you are not, she said. That is my new name. It is my stripper name, Caucasia Williams."

"You know, I said, strangely enough, Caucasia does sound more like a Black woman's name than it does a White woman's."

"That's because of the Zshuh sound, she replied. That is what makes it sound Black."

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger staghounds said...

Today's favourite defendant given name-

Notorious. I swear to silk stockings, his given name is that, spelled exactly that way.

It's an act of sadism.

Why not just name them "Loser", "Stupid", "Failure", or "Trash"?

Or maybe that's too general, they could be specific-

"Hello, I'm Burglar Smith. You might know my sister, Arsonist. Yes, she just had twins, Carthief and Shoplifter. Her son Junkie is a year old. We're hoping they will want to attend Yale like the rest of us."

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Oh God, we are dying here. Right-wing co-worker says "What about their uncle, Rapist?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home